Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Quiche

We had a staff breakfast in December that the kindergarten team hosted.  I signed up for quiche.  At the time it sounded like a good idea.... when it actually came time to make them I was feeling like I should have signed up for something I could buy at the store.  I also knew I had a family brunch later in the month so I decided to make three different kinds of quiche and make two of each, to freeze one set for family dinner.

My entire counter was taken over with frozen pie shells and blocks of cheese.  Luckily I had recently discovered that my food processor shreds cheese pretty easily so I was able to shred 6 blocks of cheese in no time.

Here were the fillings for the 3 kinds:

1. Steamed broccoli and cheddar cheese
2. Turkey sausage and pepper jack cheese
3. Tomato slices, basil and mozzarella cheese

After the pie shells are filled you pour this on top... these measurements are per quiche:

3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
some ground pepper

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.  Really easy to freeze and reheat later. Or make a few days before and just reheat in the oven when you want to eat.

This was a serious quiche making operation..... 


Yumm.

I took one of each to school and froze the turkey sausage and tomato and basil quiche.  The broccoli and cheddar we had for dinner the next night.... 

I got really good reviews on all three :)


No comments:

Post a Comment