Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 7... last technical day... but still a long way to go

Breakfast:
Protein shake: 1 cup milk, 1 scoop protein powder
Apple

Morning snack:
Greek yogurt, granola 

Totals: 1 protein, 2 dairy, 1 grain


Lunch: (leftovers from the day before)
Tilapia
1/2 cup brown rice

**Ended up eating my yogurt and granola with lunch because I was too busy to eat it this morning**

Totals: 1 protein, 1 grain

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Chicken in Cajun seasoning (yummy but a little over cooked... my bad) with 1/3 slice swiss cheese
1/2 cup whole wheat pasta salad (peppers, celery, olives, cheddar cheese)
Peas
Wine

Totals: 1 protein, 1 grain, 1 fats (oil in pasta salad)

Daily Totals:

 Protein: 3
Grains: 3
Fat: 1
Dairy: 2

No where close to my fats for today.  I've been calorie counting too and I'm amazed at how close to 1200 calories I am each day (which is my target calorie intake) by just sticking to the types of food and totals in this cleanse.  

Today was the last official day (although I plan to continue a lot of the same components into my everyday life... more on that tomorrow).  I have to say I am AMAZED at how full I am.  My cravings are still there... like when I wanted school pizza REALLY BAD for lunch today. 

 I mean come on, how yummy does that look. 


 But then I ate my tilapia and rice and felt full and satisfied.  I definitely think going forward I need to allow myself some sort of sweet treat though (like a dark chocolate square, not a piece of cake) or I won't stick to it. 

I'm sticking to this tomorrow until dinner time, then Susan and I are going out to dinner to celebrate being done (but we will watch our serving sizes... promise).  We've changed our minds several times about where we are going and what we want to eat.  Don't worry, there will be pictures!  Tomorrow for lunch I made a sandwich on a hollowed out cucumber instead of on bread.  We'll see if it tastes any good but I was really craving a sandwich... 



No comments:

Post a Comment