Friday, November 1, 2013

Crock pot Buffalo Chicken

So buffalo chicken dip is my go to for all events (in fact I have chicken in the crock pot now so that I can make dip for a party tomorrow).  I saw this recipe on Pinterest and wanted to try it...


http://www.emilybites.com/2012/07/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken.html

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Source: My Kitchen Apron

Ingredients:
3 lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breasts (the original recipe used frozen breasts, but I used them unfrozen, so it appears you can do either)
12 oz bottle of Buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's Wing Sauce)
1 oz packet of dry Ranch mix (I used Hidden Valley)
2 T light butter

Directions:
1.    Place the chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Pour the bottle of wing sauce over the top of the chicken. Sprinkle the packet of ranch mix over the top of the wing sauce. Place the lid on your slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-9 hours until meat shreds easily.
2.    Remove meat and shred it using two forks. Return shredded meat to the sauce and add the butter. Stir to combine. Continue to cook on low for another hour so the meat can soak up the sauce. Serve however you like!

We went to a friends house last night for trick or treating so my husband threw this in the crockpot earlier in the day so we could take it over.  We used 1/2 ranch dressing instead of the ranch packet. 

Served with a package of Italian rolls from Giant.  I still haven't figured out a good sub roll that doesn't have a million ingredients in it.  Our homemade bread is delicious, but hard to hold something sloppy between two slices of bread.  Anyway... we topped the chicken with blue cheese and mozzarella cheese.  It was delicious!!!!!  Like really, really delicious!
 
And yes, that is some VERY processed candy corn on my plate.  I mean, it was Halloween after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment