Monday, June 23, 2014

La, la, la... I'm not listening

I want to be the happiest, healthiest me that I can be.  A lot of times that's going to mean saying no to foods that are bad for me.

It is amazing to me how many people have had something to say about the Whole30 when I tell them about it.  It is even more amazing how many people are extremely negative rather than supportive.  Come on people!!!  I'm not asking you to do this.  I didn't even bring it up in conversation.  You asked me why I wasn't drinking.  So I told you.  And now you are telling me how dumb this is???

In all fairness, a lot of my friends and family have been very supportive.  But if you are considering doing Whole30, please be prepared to hear some negative feedback from people in your life.  Make sure you know why you are doing this and can articulate it to others.

So here is goes... Why did I decide to do the Whole30?

- I am on medication for high blood pressure.  A lot of the testimonials for whole30 say that people have lowered their blood pressure while following the program.  Worth a try right?

- I also have PCOS.  Its a hormonal imbalance.  Guess what else eating healthy can do for you?  Yup, even out those hormones.

- I have about 10 lbs to loose and have been unable to loose it with calorie counting.  I'm the calorie counter that plugs in my wine and cookies into my counter and then eats less healthy food so that I have calories left over for the junk food at night.

- I wanted to prove (mostly to my husband) that I could go 30 days without wine.

- I wanted to challenge myself.  Trust me, no sugar is a challenge in itself.  It's in freaking everything!!!!!

The more I read the book that accompanies the program, It Starts With Food by Melissa and Doug Hartwig, the more convinced I am that I am doing the right thing for my body by doing the whole30.  They do a great job of explaining what happens to you psychologically and hormonally when you eat a diet that consists of processed foods (even the "low fat" and "whole wheat" stuff).  It's really amazing. Seriously, read the book.  It's great.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1936608898/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=3488745446&ref=pd_sl_3b957lnrmm_ee

No comments:

Post a Comment