Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tricks and tips for eating out

I thought it was going to be impossible to go out and do things for 30 days because, seriously, what was I going to eat???  I carried a zip lock bag full of nuts and an apple almost everywhere with me.  This way, if I was out and something unexpected came up, I had a snack I could eat to hold me over until I got back home.  I would recommend looking at menu's ahead of time if you know you are going out.  This makes it a lot easier and faster when you actually get there. 

You can also check and see if places will let you bring food in.  We went to an O's game during week 1 and I brought nuts, cantaloupe, and sausages with peppers and onions (wrapped in aluminum foil- they stayed warm until we got to the park and ate them!)


O's game: brought in cantaloupe, and sausage with peppers and onions.


Said no to funnel cake and had cantaloupe instead.

I had a bachelorette party to go to this month too.  I was able to eat at both restaurants we went to that weekend.  


Bond Street Social: Ice burg salad with olives, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar/ olive oil instead of the dressing that came with it.


Abby burger: Chicken burger wrapped in lettuce with sweet potato fries.  This place was delicious!  I went here twice during the 30 days.  Yes, the fries are fried instead of baked, but still.... better than a big mac. 


Looney's: Chicken cheese steak with no bread or cheese and sweet potato fries.  I scooped the chicken with the fries.  Really yummy.
Warning: You're friends will make fun of you if you order this at a bar.  Especially when they have been drinking and you haven't been.... 

Side note on not drinking alcohol at bars: You can still have fun if you have decided in your mind that you want to have fun.  I danced my butt off at the bar without having a drink.  Fun is certainly a state of mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment