Thursday, February 6, 2014

Clean eating doesn't have to taste gross

Last week we were in NY for a full week because we had a death in the family. :(  We have amazing friends and family and were fed delicious, cheesy, fattening foods all week long.  Especially the pizza.  Man I love Brozetti's pizza.  Like I want some right now... yummm.  Anyway, we ate well for a week and a half.  Really well.  Not only was there always food, but there was SO MUCH DESSERT.   Brownies, double chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, pound cake, apple pie.  I ate all of it. Yup.  Diet be damned... I ate my heart out.

I was really worried that when we got back home I was going to be really bored with clean, healthy food.  Over the past few days I've been pleasantly surprised at how delicious toast and peanut butter is for breakfast.  And how much I missed eating fruits and veggies all day.  We've had some pretty delicious dinners this week too.



Roasted potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, and garlic.  Served with turkey tenderloin from Aldi and peas.  Yummy.  And I was full after one small plate instead of just eating all day.




Tonight we had meatloaf (Tom makes that, I don't like to put my  hands in ground turkey).  Ground turkey with carrots, onions, peppers, salt, pepper, basil, Parmesan cheese,  and egg.  He forgot the bread crumbs, which worked out because today was a low carb day so I shouldn't have the bread crumbs anyway.  We had mashed cauliflower with it, cauliflower with Parmesan cheese, garlic, cream cheese, salt, pepper.  Really yummy. And a bonus, I made the cauliflower on my snow day yesterday so all I had to do was microwave it when the meatloaf was done.

This weekend I'm planning to do some baking.  Found some really delicious looking Paleo desserts on this blog:
http://cleaneatingwithadirtymind.com/ 


I'm especially excited about these chocolate chip cookies:
Paleo Chocolate Chip Dipped Crunch Cookies

And these Reese's swirl brownies:

  Processed with VSCOcam

Recipe's and results later!  I plan to bake while doing homework (grad school started this week) on Saturday.  Then I will pack them up and freeze the leftovers so I have them for future cheat days. Yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment