Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans (did I spell that right?)

Ok short and sweet wrap up of my weekend tonight because I cut my finger on something this evening (I have no idea what) and it kinda hurts to type.....

Susan and I decided to start our reward day a little early and go from Friday night until Saturday afternoon instead of all day Saturday.  We went to Social Pub and Pie in Fed Hill for the most delicious pizza ever.


There might be several pics of this pizza on my blog in other posts because I love it that much.  Like I want to be eating it right now.  Caramelized onion and blue cheese!  Off to the side of the plate is pesto and chicken pizza.  That was our first item trying that one and it was pretty tasty.  After a bottle of wine we ended up ordering another blue cheese and onion pizza... yes that's right, 3 pizzas + 2 ladies + 1 bottle of wine = reward day indeed.

The next day I made up for it (slightly) by having a fairly ok breakfast.  I mean, that is cream cheese inside my omelet, but the rest is not unhealthy.

Saturday morning I paid bills and did dishes and then it was time to go to the gym.  Power Hour at Charm City Fitness was certainly worth it this past weekend.  It kicked my butt.  As I was doing a million and one calf raises (with lots of weight) the trainer told me I would not be able to comfortably wear heels until next weekend (which is good timing because I'll be in Vegas next weekend!!!!!).  He meant it.  My legs hurt all day Sunday and Monday.  We went to Panera after class which undid a lot of the work out (mostly because I got my sandwich on asiego cheese bread, had broccoli and cheddar soup instead of black bean, and got a baguette... whoops).  But hey, this was supposed to be my last reward day meal anyway. 

I was all set to eat well the rest of the day (since I technically started my reward day on Friday).  But after LITERALLY 6 hours of sitting at my computer doing work for my online grad class (which started the week I was in NY so I was playing catch up) I decided I needed some Great Pumpkin Dessert (my dads name for this really yummy dessert. Recipe is below).  I have a bunch of this frozen from Christmas when my dad made it.  It was delicious.  




On Sunday I had A LOT more homework to do. I also knew I would have to do a lot of homework throughout the week since I would be gone this weekend.  So I decided to prep as much for the week as I could.  First, I got chili going in the crock pot for Sunday dinner.  Then I made taco meat, egg muffins, packed yogurt and cheese for snacks, measured out protein powder for shakes, made bread crumbs.  It was a really productive morning/ early afternoon.



Later on Sunday I did some Paleo baking... but more on that in a post on another day.  I said I wasn't going to type a lot and I lied, so now my finger hurts.  Also, apparently an injured finger makes me over use parenthesis (like this) so I apologize (but not really).  Good night everyone. 

Oh yeah... Great Pumpkin dessert (not unprocessed at all, but delicious):


No comments:

Post a Comment