Sunday, June 23, 2013

5 week challenge

I know people hate it when "skinny" people complain  about their weight.  I'll be done in two sentences I swear.  I know I am not overweight, but I have a few pounds to loose.  I'm at 116 (I know you're rolling your eyes at me but that's a lot when you're only 5 ft tall) and I'd like to loose 5 lbs.  See done complaining. 

I've used myfitnesspal to calorie count in the past and it works pretty well.  But its annoying to log all of your calories everyday.  And then as soon as I stop I slowly gain back the 5 or so pounds I loose.  Every now and then I get fed up and I'm like "Who cares?  My body obviously wants to weight 116 bc that's where I keep ending up."  I'm currently in a mood where I want to just get it off and be done with it (The jeans I wore to the Bruno Mars concert last night encouraged the need to loose the 5 lbs as well.  I was stuck in a bathroom stall tugging on my jeans like a crazy person trying to get them back up).  Eating unprocessed definitely helped when we first started, and I expect to loose a few pounds without trying this summer since I will be able to cook more often. 

But in the meantime I'm doing this 5 week challenge with some friends:
http://www.justusfourblog.com/2013/03/weight-loss-motivation-5-week-challenge/

Basically this is how it works.  Each week there is a focus.  But you have to also be doing the focus things from the weeks before.
Week 1: Drink 64 oz of water a day
Week 2: No sweets, AND drink 64 oz of water
Week 3: Exercise for 30 min a day, no sweets and 64 oz of water
Week 4: No alcohol, exercise for 30 min a day, no sweets and 64 oz of water
Week 5: Unprocessed foods only, no alcohol, exercise for 30 min a day, no sweets, and 64 oz of water

The way the challenge is supposed to work is that everyone pays a fee to join and that goes in a pot.  Then, for every time you have a violation of one of the things in the challenge (for example: not drinking 64 oz of water in a day) you pay a dollar into the pot.  Each week you track the percentage of weight each person has lost and the person who looses the highest percentage at the end of the challenge wins the pot. 

Being that I'm a teacher, and its summer time, and I won't have a paycheck until September.... doing this with money was not an option.  We are using 100 sit ups as our penalty if we have a violation instead.  I like this a lot because then its at least helping the overall goal.  100 sit ups is also harder then parting with a dollar.  I'll definitely think twice before violating one of the challenges.

We started last week.  I've lost all of .2 lbs.   Today is the start of week 2. Week 2 will kick my butt.  I love chocolate, and baking cookies and frozen yogurt.  I imagine I will be doing a lot of penalty sit ups in the next 4 weeks.  Exercise for 30 min a day should be ok, it just means I will HAVE to take my dogs for a walk, especially on the days that I don't run.  The no alcohol week is happening the week I'm in Denver to visit one of my BFF's from elementary school.  I envision A LOT of penalty sit ups that week. 

I'll try to remember to post a weekly update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment