Thursday, January 2, 2014

Detox: Day 1

Back story:

I ate an entire box of Oreo's over winter break. And m and m's. And cookies. And this yummy pumpkin dessert. And pie. You see the pattern that is developing right?  I ate lots of yummy stuff, most of it very processed.

 Somewhere over the break my friend Susan and I stated talking about doing a cleanse.  She will tell you it was my idea, while I'm pretty sure it was here idea.  Either way, we decided to do it.  Susan did all the leg work and found this Dr. Oz detox online:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

Dr. Oz's 3-Day Detox Cleanse One-Sheet

Last night we got together and went grocery shopping for everything we needed and pre made all three days worth of smoothies.



Raw breakfast and snack smoothie on the left.  Finished breakfast and snack smoothie on the right.  Susan found a blog that said the breakfast one was the best so we decided to use that one as the snack.




Raw lunch smoothie ingredients.  More on this smoothie in a minute.  Spoiler alert... its gross!


Seriously... look at that.  Ick. 



Raw dinner smoothie.  We forgot to add the cayenne pepper.  I poured my three bottles of this back into the blender tonight and re blended with the pepper.  Bad idea.  Now its all I can taste (I'm drinking the dinner one as I type).


Ok so here was the day:

This morning I had half the breakfast drink in the car on the way to work while I waited for my tea to cool.  Then I drank the tea.  I was REALLY worried that not having coffee was going to be a miserable experience, but it really wasn't that bad.  Once I got to school I finished the other half of the breakfast smoothie while I got ready for the day.

10:18 AM when I texted Susan: "My tummy is grumbling."

I made it to lunch.....


This is not the face of someone who enjoyed their lunch.  The lunch smoothie is GROSS.  And you are basically still chewing the celery.  So not good.  I left some in the cup in case I got really hungry in the afternoon, but I did not go back and finish it.


I had the snack smoothie in the car on the way home. When I got home I took an Epsom salt bath (because it was too early for dinner since I had just finished the snack).


 Anyway, after the bath I added the cayenne pepper to the smoothie for dinner and started drinking.  My mouth is pretty much on fire.  About 4 sips left....

Thoughts on Day One:

  •  I survived without coffee... go me
  •  I thought I'd be hungry and I'm really not
  •  I may not be hungry but I do want to eat everything!!!!  Like everything.  Tom went out to get subway for dinner because I neglected to buy groceries for him (sorry honey) and I wanted subway.  And taco bell. And doritos.  Someone sat next to me in the staff lounge with a bag today and I had to get up and leave because I wanted them so badly.
  • I don't regret doing this.
  • Tomorrow will be SUPER hard if I have a snow day and am at home with food available all day.
  • Three days is not that long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment