Thursday, January 23, 2014

Meal Planning

There would really be no way to stick to carb cycling without meal planning.  After reading the book on Tuesday I planned out meals for the rest of the week.  It took me about 30 minutes and I was only dealing with Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (Saturday is a reward day... thus not planned).  Susan and I keep saying we need to sit down and make a list of options for each meal of the day so we can just pick things off a list.  This. Needs. To. Happen.  It would make planning much faster.  I was particularly hard to think of proteins for every meal and snack.  Here's what I came up with.

Wednesday:
Breakfast- Protein: Eggs with peppers, Carb: Toast with jelly and an apple

Snack- Protein: Yogurt, Carb: Granola

Lunch- Protein: Tuna with mustard not mayo, Carb: 1 slice wheat bread, grapes

Snack- Protein: Whey powder, Carb: Almond milk

Dinner- Protein: Tilapia, Carb: Brown rice, Veggie: green beans

Thursday:
Breakfast- Protein: Whey powder, Fat: Almond milk, Carb: Apple

Snack- Protein: Egg muffin, Fat: cheddar cheese

Add caption
So I was trying to think of ways to get in more protein, enter the egg muffin.  I cooked up some peppers and spinach, put them in the bottom of a muffin tin, and then poured an egg in each cup.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.



Lunch- Protein: Chicken, Fat: Parmesan cheese, Veggies: Salad

Snack- Protein: Egg muffin, Fat: Almonds

Dinner- Protein: Chicken, Fat: Blue cheese, Veggie: green peppers and hummus

Seriously... this dinner was delicious.  Broiled blue cheese should be on everything.  I just cooked the chicken and sauteed some onions.  Top the chicken with the onions and blue cheese and then broil.  Yummm.


 Friday:
Breakfast- Protein: Egg muffin, Carb: Apple

Snack- Protein: Whey powder, Carb: Almond milk (And I do realize I'm using almond milk as a carb and a fat depending on the day.... I refuse to drink protein shakes with water- I tried and its gross- so I'm manipulating almond milk to suit my needs).

Lunch- Protein: Chicken, Carb: Brown rice, Veggie: Peas

Snack- Protein: Yogurt, Carb: Granola

Dinner- Protein/ Carb: California roll (going to be out to eat at a sushi place.  Planning to get a califirnia roll... I know its not brown rice but its the best I can think of).

I've been doing the 9 minute workouts the last two days too.  He really packs a lot into 9  minutes.  Yesterdays workout was:
5 squat thrusters (like a burpee but no push up)
10 swing ups (kind of like a v up sit up)
15 marching soliders (kind of like hip raises)

So you do that as many times as you can in 9 minutes.  I got through it 6 and a half times...

Today's workout was:
3 minutes of triangle push ups
3 minutes of bench dips
3 minutes of pike press

In today's workout you did as many as you possible could of each.  I got to 50 of each and stopped counting at 50.  My arms were dead after wards.

Wednesday I had a snow day and today was a 2 hour delay... we'll see how successful I am tomorrow getting up and doing the workout.  I'm setting my alarm for 4:45.  YUCK.  But I have boot camp at school at 7 am so I need to get up and get moving.

This week I've been doing a lot less exercise than last week because of the snow.  No boot camp Monday and Wednesday, no kayak rolling on Tuesday, and no running. :(  But I am going to a class at the gym Saturday morning and skiing on Sunday.  So bring on a weekend full of activities to make up for a lazy week.  I'm hoping to run on Saturday too if the side walks are at all cleared by then. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment