Friday, January 10, 2014

Reward Meal!

On day one of the smoothie part of the detox Susan and I needed something to get us through.  At the time, we decided a dinner at Olive Garden when the week was over would get us through.  As the week drug on we changed our minds to crab nachos at Nacho Mama's and then a blue cheese chicken cheese steak at Looney's.  By the time Thursday night actually rolled around, we decided to go to Red Brick station (this was the restaurant I went to on the last night of the smoothie detox and wanted everything that I saw on the menu...).

We stopped on our way to dinner to look at this book by Chris Powell about carb cycling at Barnes and Noble..... but more on that in another post.

We started with appetizers, crab dip and shrimp pot stickers.



I was AMAZED at how full we both got really really quickly.  I ate 2 pot stickers and Susan only ate 1.  When we were finished there was still this much dip left:

If this had been a week ago, we would have finished all of that.  It was delicious, but we ate slow and listened to our bodies instead of stuffing our faces.
Next up was dinner.... 

 Susan got a burger with blue cheese and I got a chicken cheese steak.  I literally only ate 1/4 of the sandwich and picked at the chips a little bit.  (and am excited for leftovers tonight).

We talked at dinner about what we wanted to do going forward.  We're going to look into carb cycling and try that for a week (like I said... look for more info later this weekend). We'll start back up again on Sunday so that we give ourselves a break for a few days.  We're also going to build a reward day in each week so that we are more likely to stick to it.  Today I still followed the plan for the most part, but I will be eating leftover cheese steak for dinner.  I also had a small scoop of cheesy potatoes at a staff breakfast this morning.

Anyway... onto the important part of the evening... DESSERT.   I was planning on having some ice cream at home after dinner but after seeing this on the menu we had to get it. 

Chunky Monkey
Milk chocolate cups filled with rich custard, peanut butter & topped with bananas & caramelized brown sugar.

SOOOOOO DELICIOUS.

All in all, a successful week.  Total weight loos was 4. 5 pounds.  I didn't feel deprived.  And even though I splurged last night, I still averaged 1200 calories a day for the week.  Not to shabby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment