Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hummus

Hummus?  What's exciting about hummus?  WELL... it makes carrots taste delicious that's what.  I've made a lemon garlic hummus that I found a recipe a few times but was not in love with it.  This time I decided to try roasted red pepper hummus.  Only I didn't have any roasted red peppers.  I did have green and yellow peppers though....
 
My first attempt at roasting them went horribly wrong:
 
 
 
But I had a lot more peppers... so I started over.
 
 
The second round of peppers came out much better.  The rest of the recipe was pretty simple:
 

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 2 cups


Directions
  1. In an electric food processor, combine garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, and lemon juice. Process until the mixture is smooth. Add roasted peppers and basil; process until the peppers are finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer hummus to small bowl, cover and chill until you are ready to serve. 
 
It came out OK... a little tart but good.  I'm waiting to see how it is once it chills for a while.  Also... using red peppers probably would have made it sweeter.  The green and yellow are not as sweet I guess...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment