Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I just want some pancakes!


Ok... so huge moment of frustration.  Tom and I we’re brainstorming ideas for dinner last night.  I suggested pancakes and the idea stuck.  So this morning I started googeling whole what pancake recipes.  As it turns out, every recipe I find that uses whole wheat flour also uses all-purpose flour.  Seriously??? I went back to Andrew’s eating rules blog and found a pancake recipe (http://www.eatingrules.com/2010/05/healthy-pancakes-that-taste-good/ ).  While I am excited to try it, I’m also frustrated that making pancakes now involves blending rolled oats and greek yogurt (among other ingredients) together before you even get to the flipping pancakes part.  I grew up in a house where pancakes were made by adding water to a mix… so having to pull out the blender to make pancakes is quite a mental shift for me.  I see a new small electronic purchase in our future…

Attempting to make the pancakes for dinner tonight.  Look for pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment