Monday, February 18, 2013

Death by cupcakes


If you’re an elementary school teacher on a diet Valentine’s Day is your worst nightmare.  Before the kids even came into my room I was given: a heart shaped chocolate box, a bag of chocolate, a decorated sugar cookie, and a Milky Way caramel heart.  I did really good and stashed it all in a bag without looking at it, even when one kid kept asking me if I’d tried his chocolate yet. 

Then the afternoon party came…. A cupcake decorating party.  I started to set up all the toppings for the decorating while the kids were at P.E.  For whatever reason my phone decided not to save the picture so let me describe.  Five bowls on each table filled to the brim with gummy bears, skittles, mini marshmallows, heart shaped marshmallows, and gumdrops.  Want to know what the most delicious smell in the world is?  Opening a bag if gummy bears. YUMMMMMY.  I stuck to my guns and DIDN'T EAT ANY OF THE CANDY.  I even got rid of the extra cupcakes while the kids were still at gym so that I would not be tempted to eat one.  GO ME!


Cut to later that afternoon… I broke down and opened a Milky Way caramel heart thing and took a bite.  After only eating dark dark chocolate for 4 weeks it was a little too sweet on my stomach.  I threw the rest out and promptly took the rest of my Valentine’s Day stash up to the teachers’ lounge and left it there. 

Cut to later that night… two glasses of wine at happy hour made me eat a mozzarella stick and half of a spring roll.  Then go for fro yo and not choose the plain tart flavor that would have been unprocessed.  Oh well…. I guess my day balances our good/evil wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment