Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Well... FAIL!

So our first week of “going hardcore” was a total failure.  You’ll notice there is no food diary posted because it would be a waste of time for me to even type it and a bigger waste of time for you to read it… we didn’t do well at all.  It’s not really our fault though…. (I know, I know… excuses, excuses).  We had a death in the family and traveled to NY on Thursday morning for the weekend.  I packed some snacks (almonds, dark chocolate, half and half, crackers, and bread) to bring with us.  I used the creamer and I ate some of the almonds… but as far as meals were concerned we weren’t able to stick to the unprocessed.  Without actually going to the grocery store and buying our own food it would have been impossible.  Plus, we didn’t want to exclude ourselves from family meals because of diet restrictions.  We had never intended for it to take over our lives, just as something to be mindful of when we are at home, so I’m not really upset about what I consumed this weekend… but I do feel kind of guilty that we binged a few days after saying we were going to go all the way… oh well.  Life happens.

On a better note… we used the bread flour from whole foods to make Italian herb bread (olive oil and basil) and it turned out great!!!!  It smelled delicious as it was baking and tastes delicious too.  Even better… it looks like bread!  Most of the bread we’ve been making is so dense with the whole wheat flour that it doesn’t rise and looks lumpy.  This time it actually looks like bread.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment