Friday, February 1, 2013

Running, actually… not running would be more accurate

I know, I know, this blog is supposed to be about food.  Why on earth is the title of this post about running???  Well, part of my whole healthy lifestyle thing involves running.  I was going to blog about it on an old blog that I was going to revitalize, but lets face it, keeping up with one blog is hard enough, keeping up with two- not likely.

So here it is… a post about running.  A while ago, Tom and I decided to run a half marathon in Virginia Beach on St. Patrick ’s Day.  Tom got me the Adidas Mi coach (http://www.adidas.com/us/micoach/) last year for my birthday (I highly suggest this product…).  We put in the race date and the mi coach developed a running plan to get us ready by then.  For the most part we did a great job of keeping up with the workout plan, a few minor setbacks here and there, but overall pretty good.  Then about two weeks ago the temperature dropped to 20 degrees and we stopped running.  I’m not saying I wouldn’t run in the cold, but it’s been cold AND windy.  That’s a lethal combination.  Wednesday of this week is supposed to be warm again finally, but with thunderstorms.  I need to get my act together… St. Patrick’s Day is not that far away.  I will run at least twice this week with a long run on Sunday before the game.  Look for an update at the end of the week to see if this actually happened.



Update: I never got around to posting this and now its Friday.  Wednesday was the perfect temperature for running… but it was pouring down rain.  Thursday night I have class until 7 pm so I don’t get home until 8pm.  And tonight we are on our way to Panuxatawney PA to celebrate tom’s 30th birthday with Phil the groundhog.  Must do a long run on Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment