Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Unintentional Weight Loss

I know everyone hates when “skinny” people complain about their weight.  And I get it… BUT… I’m 4 ft 11 ½ inches tall (yes that ½ inch makes a big difference).  At my height, I should barley weigh over 100 pounds.  At this time last year I was at about 123.  That’s when I decided I needed to do something about my weight.  I started using myfitnesspal (get website/app) to calorie count and lost weight very slowly (which was fine by me).  We also started running a lot more.  We did P90X for a bit last summer and now I am doing a boot camp at work in the morning. 

Anyway… at one point last summer I had gotten down to 109 pounds.  Then when school started and I was more stressed out I went back up to 116.  I started calorie counting again at the beginning of the school year and was running a lot but was not losing weight.  I finally came to terms with that and just gave up.

 I decided to stop logging my calories when we started switching over to being unprocessed because it was just too much effort to calculate the calories for everything when its homemade.  I stepped on the scale after our first week of going unprocessed and had lost 2 pounds!  A week later I had lost another 2 pounds.  I was down to 112.  We’re going to Mexico in about 5 weeks and I’m only 2 pounds from my goal weight… WHAT???  THAT’S AMAZING.  Especially when I gave up about a month ago.  I’m actually back up to 113 after my weekend of eating and drinking in NY… but I expect to be back at 112 after this week of clean eating. 

So even though I know some of you will hate me for this post… I’m happy about it.  I would love it if I am actually happy with my stomach when we take pictures on the beach in Mexico.  :)

1 comment: