Monday, October 28, 2013

Banana Ice Cream

For those of you who are my facebook friend, here is the recipe for the picture of the ice cream I posted yesterday:
 
 
Banana Soft Serve
Author: 
Recipe Type: Dessert
Cuisine: American
 
Ingredients
  • 4 frozen bananas, broken into chunks (peel and break before freezing!)
  • ½ cup plain organic Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons chopped organic dark chocolate (optional, this is the “half” ingredient!)
 
Instructions
  1. Place the frozen banana chunks in a food processor fitted with the S-blade attachment.
  2. Press the Pulse button until the large pieces have broken into smaller chunks, then press On and let the food processor go for about 1 minute.
  3. Scrape down the sides, then add the Greek yogurt and blend another 1-2 minutes or until mixture is completely smooth and appears somewhat whipped.
  4. Add chocolate chunks, if using.
  5. Serve immediately, or remove mixture to a bowl and freeze 1-2 hours or until consistency is more like ice cream. Enjoy!
 
Oh my goodness.  Delicious and easy.  And lets be honest, I've been dying to polish off the carton of ice cream in my freezer since October Unprocessed started.  I put 4 bananas in the freezer last weekend (because that's what the recipe calls for) but a friend of mine had tried the recipe last weekend and said that it didn't freeze very well.  So I decided to only use one banana and cut the recipe down so that there wasn't anything left over. 
 
 
I paired this with a piece of peanut butter toast and it was the perfect dinner for a night alone at home.  Yummmmmmm.
 
I paired it with a new favorite drink thanks to the Renaissance Festival.  They called it a snakebite.  It's 1/4 mead and the rest cider.  I'm enjoying one as I type this too. :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment