Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Food discoveries

Some good and bad food discoveries recently.  I'll start with the good.....

Good food discoveries recently:

* Cheese and onion bread.  Yes that's right, I said cheese and onion bread.  It is amazing.  I'm guessing because it has a cup and a half of cheese in it.  It makes the bread really light and fluffy.  We've made three loaves in the last week and a half.  Seriously, but this bread maker and make your own bread:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Black-Home-Bakery-Supreme-Bread-Machine-by-Zojirushi/1017407503?_requestid=276952

I know I've said it in previous blog posts, and I really, really mean it.  I love this bread maker.  Homemade bread is one of the best things ever. EVER.

 
See all the cheese and butter?  Delicious.
 
* Amy's organic frozen meals.  They aren't all totally unprocessed, but I found 2 that pass the kitchen test as far as I am concerned.  I had the enchilada one for lunch today and it was pretty good.  I bought two of each to keep on hand for quick meals.
 



 
 
Not so good food discovery:


Natural string cheese isn't stringy!  Something that is added to string cheese must be what makes it so much fun to eat.  I tried to peel a nature's promise string cheese into strings without much success :(  Boo.  What fun is eating string cheese if you can't eat it like your 5 years old?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment