Saturday, October 5, 2013

Strep Throat Food

Friday morning I'm driving to work and my throat is hurting.  This is now like the third day of this.  Usually after an hour or two of being awake it goes away and I'm fine.  I take that same attitude on Friday morning and I get to work early to go to boot camp. 

Cut to the afternoon and it now feels like there are tiny pins sticking out of my throat.  Gross.  Luckily a good friend of mine on our kindergarten team is a mom (for some reason I think that only moms can look at someone's throat and tell if they should go to the doctors).  She tells me my throat is red with white things sticking out of it.  Yup.  Strep.  Awesome.

A patient first opened near my school recently so I went over right after school.  The rapid test came back negative but the doctor said he was pretty sure it was strep.  Antibiotics and sleep.  I can do that. 

On the way back to school (I had driven to patient first with another co worker who needed an xray on her ankle... its been a rough week in kindergarten!) my friend convinced me to stop at Whole Foods so I could get something to eat for dinner.  I really wish there was a Whole Foods close to my house.  There is one like 15 minutes away but its in the city and parking is annoying and the aisles are really skinny.  Anyway... I digress.  So we're at Whole Foods and I decide I want mac and cheese.  I check out the stuff in the hot bar but it has corn starch in it.  I found an Amy's organic frozen mac and cheese.  I also got tomato soup and a piece of quiche (impulse buy on the quiche... going to have it for lunch today). 

I got home and had the mac and cheese and tomato soup (for the record... Amy's organic is just not as delicious as cheesy, processed, chemical filled shells and cheese.  Seriously... what do they put in that stuff that is so delicious???  Also- this Amy's was low sodium so maybe that effected the taste?). 

 


 



As I'm writing this I'm enjoying a cup of green tea with a box of tissues next to me. 

 
I want to get better enough in the next 2 hours to play in my touch football game but I'm guessing that's not a reality.... so instead I guess I'll keep typing blog posts. 
 
Oh yeah.... and here is the delicious omelet I made for breakfast.  I used leftover spinach and artichoke dip in the omelet.  Yummm.

No comments:

Post a Comment