Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Weekend Adventures- Success and Failure

 
This weekend involved lots of fun stuff.  Seriously... how could you not love a blog post that starts with a picture of Ax throwing?  Just wait, we'll get there.
 
 
So Friday I'm sick.  Go to patient first, get medicine and come home and go to bed.  Saturday I wake up and still feel like crap.  After several hours of being home and awake and not feeling better I decided to go to my team's football game (we play in a social touch football league) because I couldn't stand being in my house any more... The combination of beer and fresh air made me feel a lot better really quickly. :)
 
After the game the team walked from the park over to Fells Point festival.  Along the way we stopped at this house party when total strangers (sorry Mom) invited us to try their ice luge.  Luckily that picture is on Tom's phone so its not making it into this blog post.... So we stop by this party and then continue on our way to the festival.  I had not been expecting to be gone this long (I left the house at 3 pm and it was now after 5 pm).  I had packed some snacks but not a full meal.  So here I am, the super cool kid that I am, walking around Fells Point festival with a Tupperware container full of almonds and dark chocolate.  It gets better...  I also peeled 2 clementine's while walking around and ate them.  By the time it reached 6 pm I needed real food.  This left me with LOTS of unprocessed options.  I went with a buffalo chicken gyro.  I figured that at least there are not too many ingredients (plus anything is healthier then the fried oreos I really wanted to get).  

 

 
I had half and then Tom finished up the rest.  Shortly after, we went home and I ate the quiche I had bought at Whole Foods the day before.
 
The next day we were headed to the Maryland Renaissance Festival to celebrate a friends birthday.  I was disappointed by having to buy food the day before, so I decided to pack a tuna sandwich for the Renn fest.  I did not feel terribly cool pulling out my ziplock bag with a sandwich in the middle of the side show we were at.... but, it was good and cheap and unprocessed.  Go me.  I even resisted the urge to get cheese cake on a stick.  There will be no pictures of the cheesecake because if I had gotten close enough to take a picture I probably would have also taken a bite.

 
 
So now its Monday, which I know is not part of the weekend, but we happen to have plans for Monday night so I'm including it in this post.  Friends of ours came over for dinner.   I definitely made the spinach and artichoke dip again since these were different friends.  I have no problem eating that dip every day!  Tom makes the most delicious turkey burgers so those were on the menu too.  All unprocessed except for the breadcrumbs we used.  Normally we make our own but we just happened to run out a few days before and I hadn't made a new batch yet.  I have a bunch of half loaves of bread in the freezer just waiting to be made into bread crumbs.  Anyway... here is the handsome kitchen help and yummy burgers....


 
 
I had my burger on our homemade cheese and onion bread.  We served the burgers with a salad.  Delicious.  Yay for fun filled weekend that are (almost) unprocessed.
 
oh yeah!  I never went back to the ax throwing.  We did that at the Renaissance festival.  Along with drinking mead and watching jousting.  Fun times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment