Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Unprocessed Day 1

October unprocessed started today!  If you haven't checked out the blog for this yet please check it out:
http://www.eatingrules.com/category/october-unprocessed/

Eating rules is how Tom and I first got into unprocessed eating.  After a very hectic summer and start to the school year... I am really excited to commit to unprocessed October and get back on track as far as eating is concerned (Papa John's has gotten WAY to much money from me in the past few months).  I'm also hoping to workout like a crazy person this month (because very soon I will be out of pants that can comfortably button.... ).  I'll be attending boot camp at school 3 mornings a week, cardio dvd after school on Wednesdays (it was kickboxing for the past 2 weeks), yoga at lunch on Thursdays, AND running 3 times a week at home.  Sounds exhausting, but since 5 of the 8 workouts will take place while I am at work, it shouldn't be too bad.

Anyway... over the past weekend we were visiting friends in VA so I was TOTALLY unprepared to start unprocessed October.  Luckily, Monday was still September because I had to buy lunch from the cafeteria (for anyone new to this blog... I teach elementary school).
 

Cheese dippers with marinara sauce, carrots and an apple. Not terrible, but definitely not unprocessed.  (Cheese dippers are essentially mozzarella sticks).

After school yesterday I went to the grocery store and picked up organic whole milk (good bye caramel flavored coffee creamer), almonds, greek yogurt, and a new food discovery:

Not all of this brand would pass the kitchen test, but these two do.  Yay.  This will make unexpected schedule changes or quick meals so much easier.

After grocery shopping for healthy food, I of course ordered Chinese food for dinner (it was between that and Papa John's). 

Today was a success.  Here's the run down of what I ate:

Breakfast- apple, yogurt with honey and Bare Naked granola

Lunch- Amy's organic enchilada, rice, black beans, orange

Dinner- Tuna with whole foods mayo on homemade cheese and onion bread, Nature's promise string cheese, apple

Wow, as I was typing that I realized I ate no vegetables today.  Shame on me.  Will have to double up tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. I followed you over from the October Unprocessed facebook page. After the end of your post I realized that I did not do well on my veggies today either - a serving of broccoli and mushrooms. Do mushrooms even count as a veggie? :)

    I look forward to checking back throughout the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! Today I had green beans and tomatoes with dinner....

    ReplyDelete