Thursday, October 3, 2013

Morning snack

 Yesterday a student comes in with this bar in his hand and says "This is your morning snack."  I was only half paying attention so I say to him "You know your morning snack goes in your cubby.  Please put it there."  Then I turned around to keep taking attendance....
 
 
 
10 seconds later he is tugging on my shirt going "No Mrs. Ceiri... this is your morning snack.  Look."  He turns it over and sure enough he has written my name in marker.  He goes on to say "You never have a morning snack so I brought you one."
 
 
I'm reading the list of ingredients thinking I might actually be able to eat it.... but then you get to the end and see "soy lecithin, mixed tocopherols added for freshness." I slid it into my lunch box and told him I would have it at lunch today.  After lunch he was sure to ask me if I liked it.... I don't generlaly like lying to 5 year olds but I figured telling him it was delicious was better then telling he I refused to eat it because it has gross checmicals in it....
 

1 comment: